This page looks plain and unstyled because you're using a non-standard compliant browser. To see it in its best form, please upgrade to a browser that supports web standards. It's free and painless.
I will no longer be updating this page on a daily basis. Thanks for following me over the years!
73 - Ken VY2RU
As our members may or may not be aware, there is a potential strike or lockout action which may affect Canada Post in the coming months, starting any time on or after the 2nd of July. This work stoppage is not certain to occur and negotiations are ongoing; however, should it occur it will affect RAC operations which rely on Canada Post for cross-country mailing.
In the event of a work stoppage in the postal service, RAC members should know:
1) There would be no mailed-out renewal reminders to RAC members whose subscriptions would lapse in the coming months.
2) Membership Card requests would still be processed but no cards would be mailed out until the stoppage concludes.
3) Cheques mailed to the RAC head office to pay for membership renewal, club affiliation or other miscellaneous payments would not reach their destination until the stoppage concludes and there may be significant delays in restarting deliveries.
4) There could be delays to the distribution of print versions of the July-August 2016 issue of The Canadian Amateur magazine and possibly the September-October 2016 issue although they will be available online at the usual time from the "Downloads" area of the RAC website at: http://wp.rac.ca/downloads/
5) Maple Leaf Operator welcome packages would be held at the office for the duration of the work stoppage and shipped when it concludes.
If you believe your membership may expire in the summer months you can confirm the exact date in several ways. By logging onto your account on the RAC website you can see your membership expiry date in the "My Membership" page (http://wp.rac.ca/my-membership/). If you scroll down you will see, for example: "Your membership expires on: December 31, 2016". Alternatively, for those receiving print versions of TCA, your membership expiry is printed on the mailing label of every issue of TCA just above and to the right of your name: for example,"31-Dec-16" for "December 31, 2016".
Members who wish to renew their membership can do so by clicking the "Join RAC" logo on the right of the RAC homepage and using the online renewal form in the "Membership Sign-up Renewal Area" at https://wp.rac.ca/home-2/membership-sign-up-renewal-area/?s2-ssl=yes You can also renew your membership by calling the RAC office at 1-877-273-8304.
If you have any questions or concerns about this matter please feel free to call the office, and the RAC Office Manager will do his best to help you. Office hours are 10 am to 4 pm, Eastern time, every weekday. In addition, please watch this area of the RAC website for updated information.
Glenn MacDonell, VE3XRA
RAC President and Chair
The following ISWL club callsigns will be used throughout the month of July 2016:
GX4BJC/A - Operated from Walton on the Naze, in Essex, by Herbie, G6XOU. (/A WAB Square TM22 - England, IOTA EU-005, WLOTA 1841).
Herbie will also operate as: GX4BJC/P
His /P WAB information will be given if requested.
MX1SWL/A - Operated from Great Missenden, in Buckinghamshire, by John, G8XTJ. (/A WAB Square SP80 - England, IOTA EU-005, WLOTA 1841).
ALL QSLs will be handled by Herbie, G6XOU, and NOT the individual operator.
The I.S.W.L. is a member of the European PSK Club. All QSL info is on www.iswl.org.uk or www.qrz.com or via www.eQSL.cc
I.S.W.L. Awards are available to all Hams and SWLs, see www.iswl.org.uk for full details. The eQSL.cc cards ARE welcomed for their awards.
CQ-DATV 37 is out -
Adding 360 Deg rotation to my pump up mast
Revised DX list
Report from ATV meeting 2016 in Gloevzin
2016 ARRL/TAPR conference
Ampex History - Part 1
Es'Hail-2 Geostationary P4-A Transponder Frequencies
Get your free copy from: http://www.cq-datv.mobi/ebooks.php